Sunday, March 25, 2007

Girl's Night Out

I have a group of friends that I met at work. Now I'm a strange person I have firm rules about socializing with co-workers. I switched positions about a year ago, and that in my mind made it possible to socialize with these women. Once a month or so we get together to meet for dinner, and the criteria we have for the restaurant is that the food must be good and the drinks better.

Last night we met at Chili's. I love their raspberry margaritas. We were there for over three hours laughing, talking and having a good time. While we were there a couple of old friends came in. One of the women I hadn't seen in over 12 years. In that amount of time I had ended the relationship with my previous partner. Of course she mentioned the old partner, and you know that moment when you just blank? Well I had one, I did quickly introduce her to my new partner, but woo whee it made me think.

I am happy with my life now, hectic as it is. You forget when you haven't seen someone for a while that the other person isn't frozen in time. How often has it happened when you see someone that you mention a moment from their past and find out their life is different? It would be fun if there was something you could hand to the ghost from your past to bring them up to speed to avoid those awkward moments, but then what would the fun be in that?

No comments: