Greetings!
It has been forever since I have been able to update my blog. I do go to school in addition to taking care of my home and working full time. I have been very busy this summer with everything. In addition I had a little dental emergency which took a lot of my energy.
I am terrified of having to have dental work, so much so that I avoid it whenever I can. About a month ago I had one of my molars disintegrate on me. This required immediate attention, but since I avoid dentists first I had to find one! Once I found the dentist he was kind enough to inform me that I needed a root canal. I almost fainted right there. Me the woman who avoids dentists like the plague had to have a root canal. I fear oral pain like most people fear death.
Dr. Baggott referred me to an excellent Endodontist who make the entire process painless. If anyone in the Milwaukee Area needs a root canal I can refer you to one of the best. All of this occurred two weeks before my annual trip to Colorado. I received a temporary cap and hoped the entire time that it wouldn't fall off.
My trip to Colorado was wonderful, but I have come to realize that I have a very different approach to children than the rest of the world. I believe that children should obey their parents, and parents should not negotiate with the little terrorists! Harsh, maybe but true. I spent the week avoiding the 4-year-old nephew when possible, because I could not stand his behaviour. When I was young, if my mother told me to stop doing something I did. This child did what he wanted and when misbehavior was pointed out, his mother excused it as "Oh, it was just an accident" or "He's just playing". From my vantage point his actions were deliberate, but who am I to say.
I made a decision to just avoid the child when he was misbehaving, that was the smartest and most peaceful solution to the issue. I am glad to be home and for those who are wondering, I have finished my dental journey, I have my permanent cap so after almost a month I will finally be able to chew gum again!
Until next time ~~~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment